Feeling tired when you wake up in the morning, even though you went to bed on time and didn’t get up to early? Are you sleepy during the day, sometimes so sleepy you can’t stay awake? Are you irritable lately or feel fuzzy, like you can’t focus? Is your sleep partner complaining about your snoring?
If so, you may have sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is one of the most common sleep disorders. Sleep apnea is when your sleep has been interrupted, usually for about 10 seconds, which can occur hundreds of times in a single night. Sleep apnea occurs when the soft tissue at the back of your throat collapses and restricts the airway. This causes a loss in oxygen and an increase of carbon dioxide. When your oxygen levels dip this low, it can impact your health dramatically and negatively.
The best way to find out if you suffer from sleep apnea is to have a sleep test. This will give you the information needed to find out if you suffer from this sleep disorder. It is best to get it diagnosed as there are numerous serious health problems that can result from having untreated sleep apnea.
Here are some symptoms associated with sleep disorders including sleep apnea:
- Memory Loss
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Trouble staying awake in the day
- Feeling fatigue
- Waking with a choking or gasping sound
- Snoring loudly
You have options, possible a nightguard that you wear in your mouth. It is like the mouthguards worn by sports players. The nightguard adjusts your jaw so you can breathe better and can help stop the snoring. We have helped many patients. If you feel you struggle with any of the above symptoms, please call our office for a 30 minute no cost consultation with Dr. Borio.
Some reasons why nightguards are a great sleep apnea and snoring treatment option are:
- Nightguards require no electricity. If you are going somewhere that has a no electricity, such as camping, using a Cpap can prove problematic since you will need to bring a source of power.
- Nightguards are small and convenient
- Nightguards don’t’ have moving mechanical parts that can break.
- Nightguards are far more appealing and the struggles to have to wear the Cpap mask over the nose and mouth while you sleep.
We love our patients and want them to get the high quality care they deserve and need. For more information about our general dentistry services and your family dentist, contact our office today to schedule a dental appointment. Your family dentist looks forward to helping you and your loved ones.